Do you follow fashion or do you have your own sense of style? Coco Chanel reminded us that
'Fashion fades, only style remains the same.'
How do you know if you have your style? Here is my handy check list in case you're not sure!
1. Do you find it easy to match your clothes together to make new outfits? If you have a style you should find that most of your clothes will mix and match.
2. Do people find it easy to say 'that's so you!' and pick stuff out you would like?
3. Do you find it easy to shop? If you have a defined style you should find it easier to instantly know whether something will fit or suit you.
4. Do you tend to buy less often and better quality? If you have a defined style you are more confident in your fashion choices, and will want pieces to last. You can wear something for a long time, so you can invest a little in getting in right.
5. Do your clothes give you pleasure? Do they make you feel at your best? Do they flatter you? If you have a style you are more likely to be happy with your wardrobe when you open it, and your clothes are more likely to make you feel great. Isn't that what clothes should do?
It takes no longer to get dressed in a 'style' in the morning, than it does to throw on some jogging bottoms and t-shirt. The end result may be somewhat different though. We can all find our own sense of style, but sometimes we need a little help!
I love helping people find their inner style confidence, and may start exploring this idea soon! Watch this space!