I am currently being reminded too often about how not to do business. It turns out that what I presume to be common sense is not so common. Providing good customer service, particularly in smaller independent companies seems obvious to me, but it doesn't seem to be so obvious to lots of others.
I have recently experienced some of the following:
- Not responding to emails as quickly as I would expect.
- Not responding to emails with a friendliness.....I am a potential customer....you should be extra polite to me.
- Not answering the questions asked....answering a question I didn't ask.
My expectations of good customer service....again specifically in relation to independent companies:
- Answer emails quickly, politely and completely.
- Sound friendly.
- Be seen to go above and beyond people's expectations.