A fitness and weight loss update from me! I'm now in month 17 of my new lifestyle, eating the food I now plan to eat forever. I have to admit, I'm currently in a low-ebb for my gym going, but I still see myself as a gym goer, but just on a rest! I did run a 5K last week though, I'm not doing nothing!
I guess I'm now in the maintainence stage, and I'm imagine a lot of people fall at this hurdle, when the changes slow or plateau.
I get asked if I feel deprived.....not having pizza nights, or icecream, or even birthday cakes, but amazingly, I just don't. However I did stay away from home for 3 weeks and I did notice how quickly habits can form or fall away. Can't afford to get complacent, as I want to choose this lifestyle forever.
But the pros I feel after eating well and losing weight?
1. I have started wearing new and different clothes - tighter, shorter, more bold. I'm having fun exploring new fashions I wouldn't have worn before.
2. I feel different about my body being naked, and other people seeing it naked.
3. I love the feeling that I nourish my body well.
4. I feel proud that I took control over something I felt I had no control over. I was never proud or happy with the junk food I ate.
5. I enjoy using my body physically and developing strength and skills.
6. I feel full of energy.
7. I prefer what I look like now.
8. I've realised that many limiting beliefs I hold may just be wrong. So much is possible.