It is fast approaching the time of year when we all scratch our heads to come up with cool, quirky, unique or alternative gift ideas for those we love. The fear of resorting to a gift set that will end up in the charity shop come January looms near. Here are ten suggestions, all under £20, all from independent retailers that may give you a few ideas.
Need something a little cheaper? Look at my Alternative Christmas Gift Guide from Indie Businesses all under £10.
1. I have to start with my own product! A red lippy will warm the cockles of the women in your life.....give them the confidence to wear it and feel fabulous.
2. A wig may seem an unusual or odd christmas gift, but they are one of those things that people often want but never get round to buying for themselves. This ReeRee wig is from Wonderland Wigs.
3. A nerd necklace (or customised to any word) from Quirky Boutique. You don't have to worry about whether it will fit or not!
4. These cute little bike studs are from Temporary Secretary. A lovely little thoughtful gift without spending too much.
5. This red beret is from Tara Starlet, and a hat is another great christmas idea. It will definitely fit and is wonderfullly appropriate for the season!
6.Jade Boylan has these uber cute pocket mirrors for sale, which would make a perfect secret santa, or even alongside a new lippy!
7. This is a pure wool hand knitted tie from Peggy's Collection. It is certainly unique!
8. For the girl who really has everything.....does she have a cake hat? Probably not! This cake fascinator is from Now, Voyager.
9. A definite hit on the cool scale would be a band-style tee from Anna Fur Laxis.
10. You could give the gift of intelligence with a subscription to an indie magazine, such as the New Empress.