1. Back when I was a primary school teacher I was the only teacher in the school who allowed children to do their work lying down on the floor (or under desks...or on cushions). The only rule was that they had to get their work done, and not mess about. I think this rule can apply to most of us. We may have different ways of working, but as long as we're focused and productive, why does it matter? You may be an early bird, or a night owl, or like loud music, or being snuggled in bed; but if you can get what needs doing done, that's what matters. The trick is to figure out what works best for you.
2. I've been online 'dating' since I was 14. I like to think I was ahead of my time! That's a scary 17 years ago. I've always loved how the internet can open up avenues to new people and experiences that we couldn't dream of otherwise. Other the last 17 years, I've gone to meet-ups, dates, friend-dates and clubbing meet-ups. I've been a keen user of chat rooms, forums, blogs, and of course more currently social media.
3. I'm an only child, and if I ever have children, I'd probably have an only child too. I read a lot about how many only children have sadness and regrets about being an 'only' but I definitely feel the pros outweighed the cons for me.
4. I've been a vegetarian for 19 years. I was a young teen and very into crushed velvet and saving the whales. As a grown up, it feels like a habit, rather than an active choice, but its a habit I feel good about maintaining. I can't ever imagine going vegan though. Being a vegetarian can often have a lot of grey areas, and its up to each of us to decide what we will good with. I eat eggs, but not fish. I wear leather, and don't check foods for gelatine. But they're my choices and I'm happy with them.
5. One of the first periods in my life when I remember thinking I just felt happy all the time, was when I worked in Arizona for a couple of months. I was about 23/24 and I just adored the sunshine, adored the school I worked in, and adored the people I knew there. It was such a relief to just be happy.