Sometimes we can fall into the trap of setting our new years resolutions too large, or too vague. There are many people who rise to a big challenge, but for some, they can just seem too far away, and then too hard to reach. All you may be left with is a sense of failure.....again.
Here are my ideas for 10 small ways that you can make your life better, and I hope that you may chose one or two (or ten) as achievable for you in 2012.
1. Dress like it matters. This can be small things like wearing jeans less, or wearing more smart than casual. It may be about giving your hair a 'style' or wearing lipstick.
2. Read more. Perhaps set a specific title you want to read, or a goal of one book a month/week/year.
3. Watch less. You could do one evening a week with no television, or even one week....or a month?
4. Realise what the small stuff is, and stop getting so stressed out about it. Catch yourself doing it, and distract yourself from it. Its pointless.
5. Learn to be alone. Perhaps you need to challenge yourself to go to the cinema alone? A pub? A restaurant? A holiday? Or even just an evening alone, with no television.
6. Say yes more.
7. Stop being mean to yourself. You wouldn't call your best friend fat or ugly, so don't allow your own thoughts to say these unkind words either.
8. Forgive more. Holding onto anger, bitterness or regret only causes you pain. Try and believe that most people want to be good, but just may make bad choices sometimes.
9. Don't wait until people die to say all of the nice things to them. Try and say some of it now, while they are here to listen.
10. Seek more fun. What makes you laugh? Try and do it more.
What small things do you want to try and adopt in your life in 2012?